THE INSPIRATION - A SOUND TO CREATE

SOME OF MY RECORDS - INSPIRATION TO BE TRANSLATED

 

THE INSPIRATION - A SOUND TO CREATE

Some of my records laid on the floor. The inspiration to be translated into art, fashion and costume design. Communication between art forms. Sometimes when I create  the sound I need to transform into shape is important and matters.


My first music cassette I bought in 1982 - For Those About To ROCK ( We Salute You) [AC DC]. The music filled my child heart with energy to last into my youth. And I rocked through a decade.

I have already wrote about my Candidate Thesis - The Cartoon Metal Experience, where I chose to use my dedication to music from my youth for my specialization of 1.5 year. Dig into the subject of music and the use of stage costumes that strengthen the expression. For the waken it is obvious that the title is taken from the band The Jimi Hendrix Experience. A celebration of the artist.

The connection between music, design and art is a natural meeting between art forms. There is no secret that David Bowie have an art education, his conceptual approach to music reveals that. He was a dedicated art collector and used designers to make his stage costumes within all the concepts and transformations he went through in his career.

Music is energy. Different music have different form and shape. Like the light wave, it holds colors. I have observed that when I listen to Black Sabbath my pencil drawings sharpens, straightens and become more precise. The sound of the music focuses my mind and increase my concentration and enhance my motor skills.

The energetic music I listened to in the 80s power era - The Cure - Raga Rockers - Psychedelic Furs - The Boomtown Rats - Dead Kennedys - made playful , creative and happy clothes.

Sometimes the cover design can be the inspiration - look at the cover of The Doors album " People are Strange " with characters for a costumed play. The beautiful pink shade on The Cures record Three Imaginary Boys is very inspiring.

The look and voice of Grace Jones is made for Fashion.

A huge water fall overwhelm with its power of sound. The sound of footsteps in the London underground with people marching in the same rhytm to reach their goal of the day is something to remember.

I hear music like voices inside my head every day. All the music heard through a life time played as a play list over and over again. There are also music that have never been made.

But sometimes total silence can be A SOUND TO CREATE.









Popular Posts