REDESIGN


PICTURE OF  SOME REDESIGNS 


REDESIGN - PILLOW WAR


I am a creative creator. Among I make stuff from recycled materials. A T-shirt with parrots I bought for a Holiday trip to summer land to blend in with other tourists ended later as a colorful pillow. To create a personal style in my home environment is important for me. By recycling I try to be a conscious designer.



I love pillows. It is a simple way of adding color, soften and stimulate a room. The huge pillow pictured under is made from an old military trouser I have grown out of and was used as my artist uniform. The pillow therefore contains some rest of paint stains which I think makes it cool, personal and tells the story about me in a way. Some metal spike rivets and a bag I bought in Egypt is also used for this design. The detail picture of  a tassel is from another pillow where an arm bracelet I bought in New York is used  for decoration.

Another redesign item I present on this blog post is my Yoga Mat bag made of a denim trouser I bought in a FRETEX - used clothes store in Oslo. I love the bleached spots in the fabric. I recycled a belt that was destroyed to carry the bag over my shoulder with and kept the metal details for decoration. The pink zipper I bought for years ago,but did not know where to use until now.

In the same trip to New York I mention above I visited  The METROPOLITAN Museum of Art where one of my favorite artist Francis Bacon paintings was exhibited. After have used the T-shirt I bought from the exhibition for a while, with one of his famous quotes printed on "Champagne for my real friends, Real pain for my sham friends." , I remade it to a pillow to keep the memory forever. I know I have a lot of pillows ! For a future Pillow War maybe . "Sometimes War is Necessary"  [quote Barack Obama].


REDESIGN - MEMORIES FROM HOLYDAY TRIPS


YOGA MAT BAG MADE OF OLD DENIM TROUSER, MILITARY CANVAS AND A DESTROYED BELT



THE PARROTS T-SHIRT & THE FRANCIS BACON T-SHIRT PILLOW

Popular Posts