INSPIRATION TRIP TO ITALY - and a sneak peak of my collection.

DETAIL PICTURE OF MINSKIRT WITH GOLD RIBBON

INSPIRATION TRIP TO ITALY -  and a sneak peak of my collection.


I am traveling this days in Italy, and have been here for seven weeks. I have visited several cities. The cities I have visited are Rome, Venice, Milan, Florence, Naples, Pompeii and are now in Palermo. I have stayed one week in each place, to explore the culture, art, architecture and fashion in each city. For the interest itself but also for  inspiration and to gain some knowledge. I have studied a lot of Renaissance art to become a better painter, see my art-blog about this subject, and have also studied the Haute Couture brands here in Italy. Means window shopping.


I work while I travel. I get a lot of inspiration and ideas here for my new collection. Specially in Milan I've got an awakening for the further development of the collection. I have been struggling to find a setting, context and concept to build a collection upon. Which is very important for me to progress. I am developing the idea further, and will tell more about it later. Till then here is a sneak peak into the work I have done already.

I have been experimenting with different old techniques from the Haute couture crafts such like ribbon draping and fabric manipulations to create different structures. I want to combine this with architecture draping. I hope and will try to make, even if I may have to struggle a mind-blowing show that will make an impression.


 COMBINATION OF METAL FABRICS - THE ROSE IS BOUGHT IN A GRØNLAND FABRIC STORE


PEARL AS A BOTTON

RIBBON DRAPINGS COMBINATION

RIBBON DRAPING - DETAIL FROM THE TOP OF A DRESS

Popular Posts