A LITTLE BLACK DRESS



fashionstyleguru.wordpress.com

A  LITTLE BLACK DRESS 


From the 1920 when Coco Chanel invented the little black dress, this item have been an essential part of any woman's wardrobe.



I made this sculptural dress in 2006. The dress is made from organic silk and linen fabric imported from USA. I have used a couture technique of fabric manipulation to bring texture to the fabric which is specially interesting when working with minimalistic modeling and constructions. It is my contribution to the little black dress. Something simple, but still with an intelligent thought through cut, working with square shaped panels.

I wore my dress for the first time for the Grand opening of the New Opera House in Oslo in 2008.I was working at this time at the Opera house in the costume section with the daily maintenance of costume cleaning.I believe the sculptural silhouette was perfect for the opening of the new architectural building.

The dress was part of a project I was working on and still are working with to use this fabric manipulation technique to create optical illusions . I call the collection BLACK STRIPES. The work was exhibited at Oslo City Hall in 2006. I applied for the Government Grants for Artists with this project, that I still believe in.I can still use the dress that shows how strong my design is. Eternal.

The Government Grants for Artists serve to secure diverse and innovative arts activity by providing stipends for individual artists. I did not get any grant but have still worked with the project beside my work as a dresser. I hope to present this work for a future fashion show. My BLACK CARPET SHOW.

BLACK STRIPES - ORGANIC HEMP LINNEN DRESS

Popular Posts